Did you totally know I would have a terrific first day back home and follow up with a totally positive post?
It goes well, folks. Very well. Yesterday was a awesome day. To merely say that I was happy to be home among the farms and hills of my beloved Franklin County is a gross understatement. So let’s not dwell on the weekend. Whatta ya say? I’ll leave it at this – We have a hole to dig out of, but it’s not as financially disastrous as we thought. We have two cars to fix, and we charged a ton of hotels, food, and gas, but it’s not a total disaster. More to the point of today’s post, let me play-by-play my Glorious Monday for you.
- 7am In the morning light – the house is almost gone! Seriously!
- 9am We discover we do still have a considerable amount of ready cash.
- 11am A very good friend we haven’t seen in a year stops by – very sweet.
- 12pm Two different folks over at the store tell me how nice it’s looking.
- 2pm I learn that an acquaintance does exhaust work (Jeep) real cheap.
- 3pm Got a plan together to lose the huge lumber piles I was worrying over.
- 4pm The electrician comes by – our service is going in late this week!
- 5pm Beers with the neighbors – kindness and commiseration.
- 6pm We look at the credit card statement – it’s really not that bad.
- 7pm Ordered a dumpster to get rid of the final piles of house trash!
And that, my friends, is the kind of day you want to have when you’ve just stepped out of a weekend’s worth of bad luck and misery. Now, I have to get to filling that last dumpster. You have a great day too!
It’s a mess, but the beast is gone. There used to be a house there!
Starting to look like our property actually has some promise!